Saturday, October 4, 2014

Contoh Dialog dan Latihan Expression of Congratulating & Complimenting


Expressions of Congratulations
  • Please accept my warmest congratulations
  • It was great to hear..
  • Iʼd like to be the first to congratulate you on..
  • Congratulations on..
  • I must congratulate you on..
  • May I congratulate you on..
  • Congratulations!
  • Congratulations on your..
  • Well done!
  • Fantastic!
  • Terrific
  • I am so proud of you for..

Expressions of Complimenting
  • May I say how ... you look
  • If I may say so, you are quite ...
  • My compliments on...
  • I really must express my admiration for..
  • You are looking good!
  • What a charming...
  • Thatʼs a very nice..
  • You look nice
  • I like your.

Read the following dialogues and be prepared to present in class
Ken              : Congratulations on your 16th birthday!
Trias             : Thank you!
Ken              : You look charming in that white gown.
Trias             : Thank you for saying so. By the way, I heard from Andi that you won tickets to see
                        “Mission Impossible 4” in  the cinema. Congratulations! Thatʼs so cool!
Ken              : Thank you. I joined a quiz on the radio and I won it! I never win anything.
Trias             : Thatʼs great! What would you do with the tickets?
Ken              : Well, actually, I was going to ask you if you would go with me to the movie.
Trias             : Really!? Iʼd love to go.
Ken              : So, can you meet me tomorrow evening at 7?
Trias             : Of course!
Ken              : Ok I will meet you then! I canʼt wait!

Mix ‘n Match
Look at the phrases and match them to the correct situation
1. You compliment someone on their appearance ________
2. You say nice things about your friendsʼ dress ________
3. Your colleague is very fashionable and well dressed ________
4. Your friend has just passed an important exam ________
5. Your brother has gotten an award ________
6. You thank your friend for their compliment ________

Artikel Terkait