Thursday, January 21, 2016

Expressions of Getting and Showing Attention


Phrases of Getting Attention
- Excuse me..                                                              - Listen!
- May I have your attention, please?                          - Watch!
- Excuse me, but can I just mention that..                  - Hey, you!
- Look!                                                                        - Attention, please!

Phrases of Giving Attention
- Did you need something?                                           - Is that all?
- Pardon me?                                                                 - Go ahead.
- Whatʼs next?                                                               - Yes?
- And then?                                                                    - Iʼm listening.


Read the following dialogues and answer the questions
Issa      : Excuse me! Micah?
Micah  : Yes? Iʼm listening.
Issa      : Did you hear about Maya?
Micah  : No what happened? Oh, Justin is calling me.
Issa      : Hey, you! Attention, please! This is important!
Micah  : Ok! Ok!
Issa      : She got in trouble for cheating and Bu Siti ripped up her test! She got a zero!
Micah  : Oh no! That is bad! But Maya is smart! Why was she cheating?
Issa      : She forgot to study for the biology exam and she was afraid she would fail.
Micah  : Oh. I bet she is really upset now.
Issa      : Yes she is crying. Maybe we should go cheer her up?
Micah  : That sounds like a good idea. Iʼll go buy her some of her favorite snacks too. Letʼs go.

Artikel Terkait